Starlight Custom Apparel is proud to announce the new Band Together Program to raise funds for three deserving nonprofit organizations: Operation Homefront, IMBA. and Susan J. Komen Foundation Blue Ridge Affiliate. Teams, retailers, clubs, and events who participate in the program will have $5 of each jersey, jacket, and shorts donated to to the organization of their choice. The best part is that the donation comes from us - we don't increase your price at all!
The name Band Together comes from the colored band on the sleeve cuff of participating groups:
- Camo (your choice of digital or traditional) for Operation Homefront
- Pink for Susan G. Komen Foundation Blue Ridge Affiliate
- Green for IMBA
The band shows your support and also serves as a conversation starter with other cyclists to help spread the word.There are no restrictions on the program and your group doesn't need to have any official tie to the nonprofit chosen.
About the programs:
IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association): IMBA's mission is to create, enhance and preserve great mountain biking experiences. If you have great trails in your area there's a good chance that IMBA is behind them, either by building them or by teaching the folks that did.
Susan G. Komen Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate:
The Virginia Blue Ridge Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. 75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to local hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining 25 percent supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.
Operation Homefront: Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit dedicated to providing emergency financial and other assistance to military families as well as helping Wounded Warriors transition into civilian life. Operation Homefront assists military families during difficult financial
times by providing food assistance, auto and home repair, vision care,
travel and transportation, moving assistance, essential home items, and
financial assistance.Here's an example of the green IMBA stripe in action!